LID Min June 2019
Lake Pulaski LID Board Meeting Minutes
Location, Date & Time: Murphy Co Design, 15 Division St E Buffalo, 6/26/19 7:00pm
- Attendees: Bill Jundt, Dave Tauscher, Jill Murphy, Jon Tank, Brooke Cebulla, Bob Kolb (homeowner at 2238 Lake Pulaski Dr).
- This monthly meeting is held for the Lake Pulaski Improvement District members and is open to the public.
- Meeting was called to order by Jon Tank.
- Jon Tank made a motion to approve the LID minutes from March, 19th, 2019. Motion seconded by Dave Tauscher. Motion approved.
- Bob Kolb, homeowner attended the meeting with some questions/concerns regarding ater levels and pumping, and also weed spraying. Members provided information and feedback received from the DNR explaining rules and regulations for what Lake Pulaski is allowed to do.
- The LID discussed lake level issues that lake residents are facing due to the high water. Jon Tank has been in contact with Adam Block and James Bedell from the DNR. At the annual meeting in August 2014 homeowners passed an ordinance of no wake at 300 feet, and also to purchase buoys. At that time this information was passed on the The City of Buffalo for the proper paperwork to be filled and file a permit for the buoys to be placed and to put the ordinance in effect. Due to recent high water levels, Jon contacted The City inquiring about this ordinance and was told this permit was never filed. Even if The City would have filed the permit, the DNR can still reject it.
- On June 3rd, Jon Tank and Jill Murphy attended a public meeting at The City of Buffalo, and The City did approve the ordinance. They still need to complete the packet for the DNR to review. The LID has asked The City to table this ordinance at this time because members of the LID upon further investigation discovered that once an ordinance is passed it can never be changed no matter what the circumstances. The LID is discussing another option with the DNR and The City of an emergency 30 day permit that could be put in effect only when necessary. The LID will discuss this matter at the annual meeting.
- Current lake levels: Pulaski = 967.03. Buffalo Lake = 915.72. We can’t turn on pumps until Buffalo Lake is at 915.5.
- Buoy update with The City of Buffalo – Ron Muntifering (homeowner) will be paid $500.00 on an annual basis to store, install and remove buoys. A motion was made by Brooke Cebulla to approve paying Ron, Jon Tank seconded, motion passed.
- Solarbee for Pulaski Ponds update – The City of Buffalo, with a contribution from the LID of $9,999.99, purchased a Solarbee mixer to aerate and address issues with Pulaski Ponds. The Ponds still have not been addressed so Jon Tank and been inquiring as to what the issues are. The City has informed the LID that there are issues outside of their control that they are not sure how they are going to handle, and asked Jon to call back in a month. July 4th update – Charlie and Clare Koch will be judging the ski and boat parade this year. Address to participate is 1721 Pulaski Rd (EAST side of the lake). Ski parade begins at 12pm, and boat parade at 1pm. Look for balloons at the end of their dock. Awards will be given out.
- July 4th update – Charlie and Clare Koch will be judging the ski and boat parade this year. Address to participate is 1721 Pulaski Rd (EAST side of the lake). Ski parade begins at 12pm, and boat parade at 1pm. Look for balloons at the end of their dock. Awards will be given out.
- Jill Murphy reported/discussed financial statements and expenses. Current balance is $192,327.39 as of May 31st, 2019. Details will be presented at the annual meeting. Jill is finalizing information with Wenck, Schlenner Wenner & Co, Wynthrop to have their report ready by the annual meeting in August.
- Annual meeting will be Tuesday, August 20th at 7pm. Huikko’s Bowling and Entertainment Center: 1207 MN-25, Buffalo, MN 55313.
- Jon Tank motioned to adjourn the meeting at 9pm. Jill Murphy seconded, motion carried, meeting adjourned.