LID Min March 2019
Lake Pulaski LID Board Meeting Minutes
Location, Date & Time: Murphy Co Design, 15 Division St E Buffalo, 3/19/19 7:00pm
- Attendees: Bill Jundt, Dave Tauscher, Jill Murphy, Jon Tank, Brooke Cebulla
- This monthly meeting is held for the Lake Pulaski Improvement District members and is open to the public.
- Meeting was called to order by Jon Tank.
- Jon Tank made a motion to approve the minutes from October 2ns, 2018. Jill Murphy seconded, motion passed.
- The board discussed the happenings of the WRIP program. Dave Tauscher has attended both meetings on Feb 19th and March 19th to gain more detailed information and listen to speakers from all over MN and outside states. Jon Tank has also had lengthy conversation with Commissioner Christine Husom on the topic. The Wright Regional Inspection Program’s goal is to improve Wright County’s success of preventing new introductions of aquatic invasive species (AIS). This pilot will provide important logistical data to plan for efficient operations. The program requires free entry inspections prior to launching water-related equipment at accesses on three lakes near the city of Annandale (Sylvia (east and west), John and Pleasant).
- Lake Pulaski was excluded from the program based on the distance from the location site. The LID has decided to hold off on any further action right now until further notice.
- Dave Tauscher gave an update on grant applications and an AIS company the LID is considering using instead of Lake Restoration. Lake Pulaski was approved for a grant in the amount of $2,275.00 for the treatment of milfoil only. The new company the LID has been in contact with, PLM (Lake & Land Management Corp) run by Patrick Selter has put together a proposal for Lake Pulaski and Little Pulaski to treat our weed issues. Their goal is to treat Pulaski over a 3-5 year period, essentially eliminating milfoil all together. 1st year in the amount of: $39,021.21. 2nd year: $39,410.15. 3rd year: $38,196.90. We also received a recommendation letter from the University of MN who has studied and worked closely with PLM and highly recommends using them moving forward. Dave is calling PLM asking for a revised proposal and additional information, along with information for individual homeowners to hire him.
- Bill Jundt gave an update on lake level concerns. He’s been speaking with James Biddell, Wright County area hydrologist from the DNR. Bill and James will be constantly checking water levels to determine when we can turn the pumps on.
- The LID discussed professionally hiring the installation of the Little Pulaski buoys. The LID decided that for safety and liability purposes this should be done. Bill Jundt will be contacting Anchor Dock.
- Jill Murphy reported/discussed financial statements and expenses. Current balance as of Feb 28th 2019 was $191,528.52. Bills were paid out to: City of Buffalo, Freshwater Scientific, renewal of post office box, bookkeeping services from Schlenner & Wenner, League of MN insurance. The LID received a donation from Bison Fishing Forever in the amount of $500.00.
- Next meeting on the agenda will be added discussion about working with the City to put in our own wash station for all watercrafts entering Lake Pulaski and Little Pulaski. Along with continuing to hire full-time inspectors.
- Jill will be contacting Huikkos again for the next annual meeting. The date will be Tuesday, August 20th, 2019 at 7:00pm.
- Jon Tank motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:40pm. Bill Jundt seconded, motion carried, meeting adjourned.