LID June 21 2018 Meeting Minutes
Lake Pulaski LID Board Meeting Minutes
Location, Date & Time: Murphy Co Design, 15 Division St E Buffalo, 6/21/18 7:00pm
- Attendees: Bill Jundt, Tom Marr, Jill Murphy, Jon Tank, Brooke Cebulla
- This monthly meeting is held for the Lake Pulaski Improvement District members and is open to the public.
- Meeting was called to order by Jon Tank.
- Tom Marr made a motion to approve the LID minutes from March 215′, 2018. Motion seconded by Bill Jundt. Motion approved.
- Jon Tank updated members on the drainage pond. Jon has reached out to the city of Buffalo multiple times inquiring what the plan is moving forward. The LID has repeatedly stated that many lake Pulaski home owners have contacted the board demanding something be done. The LID had Craig Bovey, from Wenck Associates, send a letter regarding the storm ponds. The city responded and essentially feel there aren’t any negative or harmful issues with the pond and therefore are not planning on dredging or doing anything else with the pond at this point. LID members plan to schedule a meeting to discuss future plans to try and make improvements regardless of the city’s stance at this time.
- Jon Tank gave an update on Lake Restoration regarding the treatment of weeds. The DNR is issuing a permit to treat 14.5 of curlyleaf. They have decided to treat the highest density areas, and the most highly traveled areas bases on recreation. Cost for the treatment is $6,837.00, for ONLY curlyleaf.
- Tom Marr gave an update on the plan for treatment of milfoil. He’s been in contact with James Johnson from Freshwater Scientific regarding the mapping and dates of treatment. He’s waiting to get a price and available dates for the mapping and treatment to be executed. A Point Intercept survey will also be done late this summer of all plants including native. This is done every three years.
- Details of the annual 4’h of July festivities were discussed. Ski parade will be on 7/4/18 at 12pm, and the boat parade at fpm. Judges and further details will be in the Wright County Journal Press and also on the Lake Pulaski website.
- Details of the LID’s annual meeting were discussed. Letters will be sent out to residents and it will also be posted on the Lake Pulaski website. Jill Murphy will be reserving Huikko’s in Buffalo again for the meeting on Tuesday, August 21st at 7:00pm. LID talked about food and beverages for meeting and cost. Two members of the LID board of directors will be up for re-election, Tom Marr and Brooke Cebulla. Attendees who wish to vote will need proper identification.
- Jill Murphy reported/discussed financial statements and expenses. Current balance is $129,147.91, as of May 315′, 2018.
Jill is finalizing information with Wenck, Schlenner Wenner & Co, Wynthrop to have their report ready by the annual meeting in August.
- Jon Tank motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:47pm. Bill Jundt seconded, motion carried, meeting adjourned.